It’s that time of the year, when we fall back in time, gaining that hour we lost back in the spring. And while many of us say we’re going to use that extra hour to catch up on our long-lost sleep, you can use that hour to do more, like give your home a quick new look.
- Paint the front door. Some homeowners actually paint their front door seasonally, but you don’t have to go to that extreme. In one hour you could tape off the external-facing side of a front door and add a fresh coat of paint. Adding an eye-catching color can help draw potential buyers to that front door.
- Add new curtains. New window treatments, particularly curtains, always improve the look of a home’s interior. If you already have the hardware in the right place, you could put up new curtains in every room inside of an hour.
- Rent a power washer. Using a power washer on an entryway, pathway, or driveway can immediately give the area in front of a home a newer, cleaner look.
- Add plants. New seasonal plants or flowers placed in front window boxes and porch planters provide a splash of color and a sense of welcome.
- Install a new faucet. Nothing brightens a kitchen or bathroom sink quite like a shiny new faucet. You can upgrade the hardware for a sink in an hour.
- Trim a tree. A fresh haircut to trees in the front of a home can instantly spruce up a property. With a pair of loppers and a ladder, you can even out overhanging branches to give them a clean-cut look.
- Touch up mulching. Applying a new layer of mulch over the old immediately improves the look of a yard at little cost.
- Invest in a Home Protection plan. What better time than now to invest in a home protection plan. Making improvements to your home helps increase and maintain the value of your home, but a plan for home protection on Las Vegas NV helps to ensure that you’re covered in the event the unforeseeable happens to your home. This type of protection is in place regardless of the age or model of your home, and it does not take long to implement. A great way to spend that extra hour.
Another great thing about a home protection plan is that you don’t need to have an inspection done prior to purchasing the plan. And if you’re in the market of buying a new home, a new home protection plan may be beneficial for you. So, use that extra hour when we fall behind to research exactly what a home protection plan is, and how it can help you.
No matter how you decide to use your extra hour, use it wisely. If you choose to sleep, do so knowing that your home is protected, and you may sleep a bit more soundly every night.