According to market research, it has been seen that, there are more than five million burglaries that happen in the city and most of them attack the residential complex and houses. Every homeowner needs to protect their home with ultimate security system; there are various types of home security system available in the market like, close-circuit camera, alarms and sensor system which can detect the intruders easily and get the homeowner alert instantly. Home security involves a network of electronic devices working simultaneously with a central control panel to protect home against intruders. It is a system designed to detect intrusion or unauthorized entry into the private property or a building. They protect us against burglary, theft, and damage to property and harm to residents. These systems range from small noisemakers, to complicated systems with computer monitoring and controlling.
Why do you need to install the home security system?
It is imperative to understand the importance of installing or improving the home security system. In fact installing good quality locks, adding extra lights to open areas also provides safety. Why do we still need a home security system? These systems monitor the remotest possible areas of the house to detect intrusions or any anomalies that may go unnoticed. They give peace of mind while away from home and safety to vulnerable members of family. Their advertisement signage is the biggest deterrent for any sort of crime or damage to the property. Few of these security systems are well equipped to sense fire or any sort of hazard.
Components of a home security system:
- A control panel, it is the primary controller of any security system. It is the computer that communicates with all the installed components, sounds the alarm when a security is breached, and communicates with an alarm monitoring company.
- Windows and door sensors, consists of two parts installed adjacent to each other. One part of the device is installed on the window or door and the other on the windowsill or doorframe. The security circuit is complete by joining the two together i.e. when the windows or doors shut. These sensors then communicate with control panel reporting entry point as secure. In case the security circuit is broken the control panel intercepts this breach and sounds a high decibel alarm and simultaneously notifies the alarm monitoring company.
- Motion sensors, are security components, protects a given space by creating an invisible zone, if breached sounds an alarm.
- Wireless or wired security cameras/ Surveillance Cameras: Used for monitoring distant areas of property, entry points, garages or less frequented areas etc. These cameras allow access on computers, smart phones, and tablets etc. They are often used when homeowners are out of town, and to monitor the safety of children and old or disabled people.
- A high-decibel alarm or sirens: are loud enough for neighbors to hear. Their purpose is to alert people inside the house, let know the neighbor and scare the burglar away.
- Warning sign and window stickers: play an important role in home security. When these stickers are placed burglars are warned that the house is professionally protected.
How to avail the home security system?
Before buying home surveillance equipment, it is important to decide on certain factors.
- Choose between an indoor or outdoor system
- Number of cameras required
- Is the system user friendly?
- Method of notification in case of burglary
- Hidden charges if any
- Warranty maintenance and service requirement
It is suggested that install the home security system with power backup because intruders can cut your phone lines and electricity and your security system does not work in this situation. Security systems with power backup can work in these situations and protect your home easily. In this regards you may search different online portals and choose your home security system accordingly.