So you love being outdoors, but the harsh sun, or rain won’t allow you to enjoy it to the fullest? If you have a patio area you like hanging out in, patio blinds are the way to go.
- With patio blinds, you can convert your patio area into a lovely, cozy room you can enjoy in any weather.
- There are plenty of options available when it comes to patio blinds, And depending on the measurement of your patio, the climatic conditions and the design that would complement your living style, you can choose patio blinds from online stores also.
Here are some handy tips to help you select the right patio blinds:
- Select the material first: this determines the cost of blinds
- PVC is the most common material when it comes to patio blinds. Marine PVC is sturdy, it can endure harsh climate and its color does not fade. They are available in basic colors like white, cream and beige.
- However, if you want something cheaper, go for blinds made with calendered PVC. While not as tough as the marine variety, it still offers a lot of protection from harsh weather conditions.
- PVC is not the only material available for patio blinds. They are also available with screening fabrics, for those who want a lot more privacy outdoors.
- Tint or no tint
Patio blinds are available in clear plastic and in PVC with a slight tint. Tinted blinds are recommended for those who experience really hot summers, since it can soften the glare of the sun. However, if you enjoy a clear view of the outdoors, non-tinted patio blinds may be the way to go.
Color selection should not be shocking!
Patio blinds are available in a lot of different colors like earthy brown, cream, white, tan and also off-white. You could choose the one that best complements the aesthetics of your home. Weather could also play a role when selecting the color of your blinds. For example, if you intend to use the blinds mostly in summers, you could go for something vibrant and colorful. It would go with the theme of the season, and also help reflect most of the heat. For summer use, avoid blinds in dark or earthy tones.
How to keep your patio blinds clean?
Given that they will be subjected to wind and dust all the time, it can be difficult to keep your patio blinds looking neat and tidy. However, with regular upkeep, the task is not that hard. Here is how you can keep your patio blinds clean:
- Dust them frequently
Dust your blinds frequently in order to prevent accumulation of dirt and other particles.
- Rinse with a soap solution periodically
In order to clean your patio blinds, all you need is a mild soap solution, and a soft sponge. Avoid using any sharp cleaning agents, or scrubbing the surface of the blinds. When you have a cellular blind or a bamboo blind at the outdoor, then you need to be extra cautious while cleaning these patio blinds.
Use PVC polish
In order to maintain the shine of your patio blinds, applying PVC polish is a good idea. However, don’t overdo it. Applying PVC polish to your patio blinds twice a year is sufficient to maintain the aesthetics.
Use silicon spray
If your patio blinds come with zips, Ziptrak system, or fasteners, it is important to spray them with silicon solution. Spraying them with a silicon solution keeps them from rusting in tough weather conditions.
Patio blinds are a great way to make your outdoors more comfortable, while keeping the harmful UV rays out. All it takes is a little bit of research, and common sense to pick the right blinds from the plethora of options available out there. Go through this link and get more details about patio blinds for your dream home outdoor.