After all day work and fatigue when you get back home, one of the first steps is to shower, which would wipe your all day stress and lack of energy. But nothing could be more exasperating than a blocked bathroom drain that stinks like a rotten egg, is certainly a turn off as it’s very nauseating to wait for the water to drain and top of that is the creepy feeling when you see the water clogged in the bathroom with hair and soap scum.
Reason behind the Clogged Bathroom
There are many culpable culprits of blocked bathroom drain. Lack of care and cleanliness often times lead to such issues, which you have to deal with every time you step inside your bathroom. It’s no less than a battle to wait for the water to get drain in the entire process you gets drained. If you are also going through the same issue, then you should lookout at the reason that is responsible for the clogged drain.
- Hard Water: Hard water is laden with heavy minerals, which get deposited at the sides of the drain pipe.
- Junk: At times without realizing the fact that your drain pipe is not your trash bin knowingly and unknowingly. Sometimes, with the flow of water these small things like cap of shampoo bottle, razor casing get inside the drain pipe which causes blockage.
- Soap Scum: Soap is indispensible part of your bathroom, and with time the soap scum gets deposit in your drain trap which aggravates the problem.
- Hair and Dead Skin: Every time you go for the shower, you naturally shed thousand of hair every day that hit the wall of the trap and start accumulating around the edges of the drainpipe, which this is one of the common reasons for the blockage of the drain.
Here are certain tips that will help you get rid of the problem that you are facing every day. Read how you can attempt to issue competently.
Tips to Unclog Your Bathroom Drain
- Remove the Strainer: Hair and soap get accumulated around the cap of the drain pipe, some of the cap can be pulled manually and some need screw driver to remove the strainer with proper screw driver; just in case you don’t know the right drew driver match it with screw head.
- Remove Surplus Glop Around the Strainer or Stopper: A lot of glop is accumulated around the strainer clean all the hair and soap foam that is accumulated around the drain.
- Place Drain Stick inside the Drain: When the stick is placed in deep inside the drain, it will hit the trap; just keep pushing the drain stick through the drain.
- Pull out the Drain Stick: Take out the drain stick; it will pull out for the glop accumulated in the trap.
- Check the Drain: Before closing, the stopper just flushes the two three bucket of boiling water into the drain wand; check whether water is draining properly or not.
- Place the Stopper back: Put the stopper or strainer back; follow the same instruction as how you have removed it.
Warning and Caution
- Avoid using any abrasive and hard chemicals as it will corrode the drain pipe which will further aggravate the problem.
- Seek professional assistance when you want this problem to be solved permanently.
- If you are using chemical, do follow the instruction as prescribed on the bottle, do follow the safety and ventilation when using any form of chemical drain cleaner.
Do you like to know more about bathroom drain? Let’s go to the details to get few more information about it.